*** WARNING: INCLEMENT WEATHER ADVISORY ***
MAXONS ADVISES PROPERTY OWNERS TO TAKE PRECAUTIONARY STEPS IN PREPARATION OF HIGH WINDS AND RAIN
The National Weather Service forecasts rounds of moderate to heavy rain and high winds up to 58 mph possible for the metro area today, Monday, July 14 through tomorrow, Tuesday, June 15. A flash flood watch will be in effect from noon on Monday through late Tuesday night. In preparation for the weather, Maxons is reminding all property owners to secure their sites and buildings. These winds may reach higher speeds than forecast depending on the area.
To secure a building, property owners should take all precautionary measures including but not limited to the following:
- Tie down and secure material and loose debris .
- Cover electrical equipment from exposure to the weather.
- Store loose tools, oil cans and extra fuses in a tool box.
- Bring inside loose, lightweight objects such as lawn furniture, potted plants, garbage cans, garden tools and toys.
- Anchor objects that would be unsafe outside, such as gas grills or propane tanks.
- Close up and secure patio umbrellas.
- Secure retractable awnings.
- Remove aerial antennas and satellite television dishes.
- New Yorkers are encouraged to call 311 to report non-compliant conditions or 911 to report emergencies at construction sites or buildings.